Under the supervision of the Director and the Project Officer of the European Secretariat, you will:
- help implementing the 2021 UEF communication strategy and activities;
- assist the UEF Secretariat in internal and external communication activities (including on social media);
- supporting the Secretariat in the organisation of statutory meetings and the implementation of different projects;
- contribute to the management of day-to-day administrative tasks.
- You are familiar with current European issues, policies and institutions and have a good knowledge of information sources on the Internet related to European matters
- Demonstrated experience in the communication sector.
- Demonstrated proficient level with programmes such as Canva, Adobe, Mailchimp, WordPress, SEO, Social Media.
- Demonstrated experience in organising events, actions and campaigns would be a strong asset.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English. Any other EU languages, and particularly French and/or German, would be an asset.
- You have excellent communication, drafting and presentation skills.
- You are able to work independently and, when necessary, under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- You are an EU national or have already a work permit to work in Belgium during the expected contract period.
- A Belgian contract “Convention d’immersion professionnelle”
- A contract for a period of 6 months (with possible extension for other 6 months in mutual agreement)
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends is required and compensated with subsequent time off. Occasional travelling is required for events outside Brussels.
- A full time position, 38 hours a week.
- An interesting and challenging work experience in a major pan-European Brussels-based organisation.
- Exposure to a wide range of contacts in the European institutions and circles.
- A diversified portfolio of activities and projects.
- A dynamic and multi-national team of colleagues and volunteers.
Applications and selection procedure
- Please send your CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (1 page) by e-mail to email@example.com indicating “Communication Intern – Application” in the email subject. Deadline: 31 January 2021.
- Start Date: as soon as possible.
- For further information, you can contact Ms Alejandra Almarcha at firstname.lastname@example.org.